Spiced up your old HUGE BAGGY sweater to a sweater dress

STEP 1:
Get into your closet and find a HUGE sweater or go to your thrift store and find some huge but nice quality sweater.

This sweater doesn't flatter my body shape at all.. I look like I'm pregnant.



Step 2:
Chopped them off, waist and underneath the arms.. I think this sweater makes my arms looks humongous, so yeah cut them off!


Step 3:
Throw away those extra pieces (look at that.. look slimmer already)



Step 4:
Sew them all up, first I did the side body first.. you can use serger if you have one. I don't so I just use the whatever stitch that closed to what serger does. Or.. straight line will do too. I gave 5/8" stitching allowances.

Second.. do the arms... same basic stitches..

Last thing I sewed the arms, put right side together and pin it to the body, and sew sew sew.



Step 5:

Tried it on.. take picture... and be happy :D you did it! YAY!! and you have saved at least 30 bucks! :D

Project length: 35 minutes from cutting to finish.
Project level: Beginner-Intermediate
Project Cost: $4 sweater from Goodwill :)
Result: SEXY MOMMA!!! :D

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wuaahhhhh..hebat....Ibu Penjahit:)
I envy you*___*

MY BLOG>> said...

wedewwwwwwwwww keren sekaliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... i think i have one that can makeover like that but the problem is... i cant sew :(